Evening Intensive Program
Our Evening Intensive Program is designed for men who live in the Los Angeles area and need to continue fulfilling responsibilities at work, school or home while participating in an intensive outpatient sex addiction treatment program.
Clients in the Evening Intensive Program meet twice per week for 2.5 hours over six weeks. One individual therapy session per week and 2 couples sessions over the six-week period are also included in the program. Additional individual and/or couples sessions may be requested.
Core program elements include:
- Psychosexual Assessment
- 12-Step Integration
- Relapse Prevention
- Trauma Analysis
- Sex and Relationship Addiction Education
- Meditation and Grounding Techniques
- Communication Skill-Building
- Group and Individual Therapy
- Cognitive Restructuring Exercises
- Mindfulness Exercises
- Partner Education and Support
The goals of treatment in our Evening Intensive Program are consistent with our two-week intensive programs:
- To eliminate problem acting out behaviors
- To provide skills and resources toward long-term sexual recovery
- To reduce shame
- To encourage insight into problem sexual behavior patterns
- To encourage healthy intimacy and relationship healing
We utilize a task-centered approach in our individual and group therapy sessions. This means that in addition to traditional psychotherapy, clients work their way through a series of structured activities and exercises that reinforce what they are learning in treatment.