Certified Non-Violent Offender Treatment
Sexual Offending Behavior Recovery (SOBR) Program
SOBR is an outpatient psychotherapy and social rehabilitation program for men who have been involved in non-violent sexual offenses. Treatment at the Sexual Recovery Institute (SRI) targets not only the individual’s overall psychosocial functioning and sexual health, but also addresses relapse prevention and community safety.
SRI accepts most non-violent offenders into our program following an extensive phone screening and initial assessment. The length and design of the treatment process is based on each individual client’s needs and can range from nine months to two years. Treatment involves a highly structured, cognitive behavioral approach, using both individual and group therapies. We provide offender treatment to self-referred and court-mandated clients, both pre- and post-adjudication.
The SOBR program is fully certified by the California State Sex Offender Management Board (CASOMB) to treat non-violent offenders with a compulsive pattern of behavior. Our clinical director is also a CASOMB-certified practitioner. Certification is one way we demonstrate our specialized training and experience working with men exhibiting sexual offending behaviors.
The SOBR program requires clients to gain insight into themselves by fully identifying and owning the triggers and patterns that led to their offending. Clients are asked to make related lifestyle changes, evolve victim empathy and commit to carefully designed, monitored and highly detailed treatment and relapse prevention plans.
- Identify and Eliminate Sexual Offending Behaviors
- Identify and Eliminate Potential Victim “Grooming” Behaviors
- Identify the Stressors and Triggers to Offending
- Establish Healthy Personal Boundaries
- Confront Faulty Beliefs Leading to Offending Behaviors
- Explore Links to Past Trauma
- Encourage Healthy Self-Care and Healthy Intimate Sexuality
- Provide Written Relapse Prevention Plans for Discharge
- Improve Family and Social Relationships
What We Treat
The SOBR program is designed for clients with the following nonviolent offending behaviors:
- Frotteurism (Surreptitious Touching)
- Crossing Professional Boundaries for Sex
- Viewing Illegal Images
- Non-Violent Sexual Contact with Minors
- Sexual Harassment and Stalking
- Situational Offending