Spouses and Partners Group
The Sexual Recovery Institute offers all partners and spouses of sexual addicts and sexual offenders weekly, low-cost services providing both education and support.
The Spouse/Partner Education Group and Support Group is a therapeutic group with psychoeducation and sharing, aimed at helping spouses and partners manage the trauma of being in a relationship with a sex addict. Participants have the opportunity to share their feelings and gain validation and support from others experiencing similar problems in a safe, confidential setting. You do not have to be currently involved with a sex addict nor does the addict have to be in treatment or recovery themselves for you to join us.
- Defining sexual addiction/compulsivity and sexual offending
- Learning about the trauma model of partner recovery
- Developing communication skills
- Participating in a structured disclosure session
- Dealing with betrayal, broken trust and grief
- Reintegrating healthy sexuality
- Regaining trust and healing intimacy